Education and Training
The Center for Practical Theology offers internships and ministry fellowships. As an intern/fellow you will experience a challenging and rigorous time of learning and growth through exploring life in community with the vulnerable, participating in hands-on ministry, and theological reflection. You will receive a thorough orientation and training process with Church on the Street staff in order to acclimatize you to the culture and to familiarize you with the communities, ethos and ministries of Church on the Street. You will live and work hands-on in diverse communities alongside the poor and homeless, at-risk youth, and women and men being trafficked. You will also be exposed to the administrative, strategic and organizational side of running a non-profit. In addition, you will read books and articles, complete reflection and writing assignments, and be fully immersed in our innovative design philosophy.
What you need to know?
1) You will need to raise financial support for the duration of the program, with the balance due upon arrival to Atlanta. The fee goes toward books and supplies, housing, and a monthly stipend. The Summer session is $2400. Note: you will not be allowed to work outside of Church on the Street during the program. There are occasional scholarships offered that pay for housing, books and provide a small stipend. Inquire about availability.
2) You must be at least 18 years old.
3) You are responsible for your own meals and recreation.
4) You must have an insured and reliable automobile.
5) You must possess your own health insurance.
6) You must become active in a local congregation.
7) You must complete all reading, writing and other assignments.
Email or call Church on the Street with any questions you may have.